Presidents (National Coordinators) and Dominican Lay Fraternities- COFALC Region
We hereby announce to all the Fraternities of all the countries of the Region, the SECOND CALL to the COFALC 2017 Congress to be held in the Santo Domingo Convent of Bogotá, Colombia, from September 25 to 28, 2017.
The theme of the Congress will be:
Dominican Laity and the common mission of the Order.
- For the foreign lay brothers and sisters the total cost of the event will be of U.S. 250 dollars per person. This amount includes, registration, and:
– Lodging: From the evening of September 24 to the night September 28, with departure on the 29th of the same month in the morning, after the breakfast. Transportation from the airport to the lodging place and back to the airport will be provided and coordinated by the Dominican Laity of Colombia.
Lodging will be divided among the Convent of Santo Domingo and the Convent of the Sisters of St. Vincent. Those brothers and sisters with health or mobility issues shall have priority for lodging in the Santo Domingo Convent. Please indicate it in the registration form.
– Meals: Breakfast, lunch, supper, mid-morning and mid-afternoon beverage breaks, and permanent coffee station. The supper of the first evening shall be on everyone’s account. Please indicate any dietary restrictions.
– Transportation: From the Convent of the Sisters of St. Vincent to the Convent of Santo Domingo where the event will be held, and return in the evening to the Convent of the Sisters of St. Vincent.
– Peregrination: From Bogotá to the Santuario Mariano de Chiquinquirá and tour of other places of interest; the peregrination includes the meals.
– Hosting of the event: the costs of using auditoriums, meeting rooms and other spaces of the Convent of Santo Domingo.
– Materials: Folder, letter-size papers, ballpoint pen, nametags.
– Pamphlet: for the liturgy.
– Recreation and cultural activity.
The friars and sisters who are promoters or spiritual companions of the countries, provinces and fraternities, as well as brothers of the MJD (IDYM) are welcome to join us in the works of the Congress.
- For the Colombian lay brothers and sisters the cost of the event will be of U.S. 50 dollars, which does not include neither lodging nor meals.
- For the Colombian or foreign lay brothers and sisters who do not require lodging, but require meals and participation in the event, the cost will be of U.S. 100 dollars
Payment for the registration and lodging/meals shall be made upon arrival, at the time of the registration.
You will soon be receiving the Program/Agenda for the Congress, as well as questionnaires to be completed for the workshops and group discussions.
Meanwhile, we again request that you set aside the dates in your calendars and start making your travel reservations to obtain the best fares.
Fraternally in St. Dominic,
Mr. Héctor L. Márquez, O.P. – Lay Coordinator COFALC
Ms. Melba Rendón Hurtado, O.P. – Secretary COFALC